Zwift have launched a stunning new course expansion to the virtual Watopia Island, called the Mayan Extension. It’s available now on any Watopia course day for riders at level 10 or above.
Here’s a preview which should get Zwift fans (like myself) excited for some new riding:
- Mayan Expansion is part of the Watopia Island course
- It’s several miles of fast, rolling terrain through a fantastical world of ancient Mexico with lush graphics and terrain both above and below ground:
- Big Loop, a 26.6mile course that climbs the Mountain, winds through the Jungle, and finishes with a trip around the Volcano
- Road to Ruins, a 18.7mile course taking a Watopia Flat Route variant, heading to the Jungle, and ending with a loop around the Volcano
- Jungle Circuit, a 12.3mile course for those that want to get right to the action and continuously ride or run the new Jungle course
- This expansion is the first time an in-game area has to be “unlocked” to enter it.
- Mayan Expansion is only open to Zwifters at Level 10 or higher
- Zwifters who have reached level 10 in any sport will be able to select Jungle routes at the Drop In screen
- The Level 10 Jungle Gate is marked Red when locked, and Green when available
- Zwifters who become level 10 mid-session will immediately be allowed access
- Zwifters without Level 10 status can opt to “Ride With A Friend” who is Level 10 or higher to explore the Expansion
- Official Zwift events taking place in the Expansion can have riders of any level participating, so access is possible under these circumstances.